Today’s announcement that the same-sex marriage survey has seen the majority select “YES” has lead to celebration and disappointment from the general public but the real question now is how long will it be (if at all) until homosexual couples can get married in Australia?
According to Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, it could be before Christmas this year. Opposition leader Bill Shorten has promised that if elected he’d introduce the act within 100 days of power.

Turnbull has stated that homosexuals can begin planning their wedding, vowing to push the legislation through parliament.
61.6% of voters responded with YES while the other 38.4% of respondents said NO.

Malcolm Turnbull has promised to “get the job done” but whether it’s fully implemented and successful is to be seen. 

Please consider donating

We are 100% independent and therefore we have no paid-for-comment financial support from commercial entities or political groups. We strive to be as free as possible. We won't implement paywalls or subscription programs. Your donations are incredibly helpful and help keep us alive. You can donate through PayPal, Patreon or Bitcoin as well as support us by buying TWS merchandise.

SHARE

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Leave a Reply

wpDiscuz